Hi, dear Creators! Here you can find the detailed instructions on how to choose the right Trigger Image for your AR post.
There are 2 ways to check whether Trigger Image is good or not.
The first and the easiest way is through ARize app. Here is how it’s done.
1. Open the ARize app.
2. In the right bottom corner of the screen you can see the menu button (3 dots).
3. Enter the menu and in the right bottom corner tap on the “Target Test” button.
4. Fill your screen with the desired Trigger Image (rotate the phone if necessary).
5. You can see an indicator flashing Red (not good), Yellow (good) and Green (perfect), its preferred to use the triggers images which got the Green indicator. Of course you can use the Trigger Images which got a Yellow indicator, but the experience won’t be as good as the Green one.
6. When you see Yellow and Green indicators, tap on the screen once and go a bit further. The app will attach a cube to your Trigger Image, so you can test how it will work as a Trigger Image.
The second way is through the ARize Web Platform, if you have already created your AR post, it’s still in review or rejected, and you want to see whether the Trigger Image you’ve chosen is good or not. And here is how it’s done.
1. Login to your account at https://platform.arize.io
2. On your left-hand side click “My Posts”.
3. In the top tab bar click “In Review” or “Rejected” tabs.
4. Find the post that you’re curious about and click the pencil icon to edit the post.
5. There in the first row you can see the “Image Trackability” and five stars.
6. The star rating of a Trigger Image ranges between 1 and 5 stars; although targets with low rating (1 or 2 stars) can usually detect and track well. For best results, you should aim for targets with 4 or 5 stars.
7. If your Trigger Image has 3 stars or less, it’s highly preferred to change the Trigger Image.
Do NOT use random scenes or objects form your environment like a sky view, a tree in the park, flowers in vase, fruits, remote control, your wrist, face or any other real environment object.
The Trigger Image should be a static, high contrast, no shiny 2D surface such as printed image, photo, poster or painting.
Thanks for creating on ARize!